with the right cabling partner
Talk to us if you need a full supply chain provider and a flexible partner.
We have the set-up for small batches or for a large-scale production.
A customized solution is a cooperation based on trust. And trust must be earned!
Mikkelsen has assembled cables for decades and we take great pride in creating top-quality for our customers.
So how do we do it?
- IPC620 - our entire production staff has been certified and are continuously trained in this standard
- Craftmanship - cable assembly is about knowledge and experience. Our staff has an average of more than 9 years of experience in assemling cables.
- Work instructions - no cable without work instructions and input from our Engineering department
- Buffer stock against supply chain challenges and your security against price changes
- Batch management
...and many other services.
Scroll down and learn more.
from your cable specialist
Why not put your order with someone who has tried it before?
At Mikkelsen we have made houndreds of kilometers of wireharnesses and we have the knowledge to see your project through all phases.
From laser stripping over soldering to moulding and "building" the entire wireharness.
We have the capacity and we have the knowledge.
Looking for a complete solution?
Then turn to a company where you find experience and knowhow about boxbuilding, cable assembly and testing. Welcome to Mikkelsen.
We can design - source - build - test and deliver exactly the solution you need.
Scroll or click on our structured cabling process
From brilliant idea
to product maturation
We have helped thousands of ideas come to life. From a drawing on a napkin to a complicated technical drawing - we have tried it all.
So how do we define NPI - New Product Introduction?
- First of all a dialogue with you about your application and your requirements - what, where, when...
- Based on your input and the environment of the application - technical requirements should be met?
- Design for manufacturing analysis (DFM)
- Technical drawings (Solid Works)
- Material thickness
- Flow simulation
- Tool design
- 3D samples (tools)
- Tool files in 2D or 3D
- Cycles for the tool
NRE - Non-recurring engineering
How do you bring the idea to an actual manufacturing process? And what are the steps behind a functional product?
As a customer you will be met with a number of questions and steps decisive for your final product.
Just to mention a few:
- Work instructions
- Test programmes
- First article inspection (FAI)
If you have other requirements please let us know. Mikkelsen has a history of adapting our solution to our customers.
Sub-assembly or the full, finished application? It's your choice.
At your disposal we offer you:
- Crimping from AWG30 to 120mm2
- Soldering by hand
- Coax stripping up to 9 layers
- Inkjet printing
- Laser printing on cables or moulding
- Laser engraving on ie mouilding
All our staff are certified to manufacture according to IPC620 class 2+3. But you may have other requirements.
For example, you may have products exported to USA and Canada. If so, we are pleased to mention our UL certificate valid for both our production sites (Denmark and Serbia).
And long-term relationships also rely on financial stability. With our AAA-rating from Bisnode you need not worry.
A flexible partner meets your requirements and goes the extra mile for you.
We can manufacture parts of the solution or just that tiny - but decisive - bit that hightens the quality of your product.
A few ideas:
- Tool in 3D
- Service on your tool
- Service on your moulding machine
- RFID in your moulding tool
- Special packaging and shipping
Needless to say that our products do not leave us without testing. But some applications need extra testing.
- Pull test
- Xray of ie soldered contacts or as incoming inspection
- Viscosity test
- Internal quality assurance
- Visual inspection
- Dimension test
- Insulation test
- Connection test
- Electrical test
....just to name a few.
To enhance delivery safety and avoid supply chain challenges you may consider the following options:
- Buffer stock at our warehouse as security against price changes
- Buffer stock at our warehouse to avoid bottlenecks in production
- Your own special packaging if there are special requirements
Quality in Mikkelsen is closely tied to our way of thinking. We tie quality to lean and see it as a process where one have to improve every day.
Mikkelsen has been ISO-certified since 1999 and we have continued to expand our quality pallette.
- RMA handling
- QA documentation
- and a long range of other quality actions